Green Your Travel
Does IAIA practice what it preaches? Yes, and more so every year. IAIA takes the following steps (as practical and possible) to mitigate the impacts of our conferences:
- Limit printed materials; communicate via e-mail and web to the extent practical and possible
- Contract with venues that participate in green programs (e.g., hotels that provide a linen and towel reuse program)
- Use bulk servings and pitchers rather than individual bottles; use china and silverware rather than disposables
- Provide recycling bins for discarded materials
- Ask delegates to confirm their attendance at events and functions to reduce waste and leftovers
- Encourage delegates to purchase carbon-offset credits for their flights
- Encourage delegates to return name badge holders
- Prepare a sustainable event report
IAIA continues to strongly support the need to reduce the carbon footprint around our conferences.
The Local Organizing Committee includes a stewardship program that will seek to minimize the footprint of the conference, maximize the local economic benefit, and establish legacy projects to offset the impact of the conference.
To this end, IAIA is contributing $5.00 of your registration toward a donation to the program.
IAIA encourages conference delegates to travel green! Here are some suggestions to help you get started:
Inclusion of programs or organizations on this list does not represent an endorsement by IAIA.