PRE-CONFERENCE TRAINING COURSES
For full course details, registration instructions, and more, download:
IAIA17 PRELIMINARY PROGRAM (see pages 8-16)
IAIA training courses will be held 2-3 April 2017 at the Le Centre Sheraton Montréal Hôtel. Separate registration fees apply, and pre-registration is required.
Not able to attend IAIA17 but still want to take a course? Not a problem! A small additional registration fee will apply; see the PDF registration form for details.
Please register early! Courses will be cancelled if they do not reach the minimum number of paid participants by 15 February 2017. In consideration of the trainers and their need to prepare appropriate quantities of course materials, registrants may not change courses after 15 March 2017.
Download promotional material for training courses.
LIST OF COURSES
- FULL - Integrating climate change into environmental impact assessment: Tools and concepts
- Cancelled - Assessing and addressing climate change impacts in the mining sector
- Strategic thinking in IA for sustainability: Combining SEA and SA
- Cancelled - Cultural heritage component of impact assessment: Methods, challenges, new technologies, and climate change issues
- Cancelled - Impact assessment approaches for biodiversity-friendly and climate-smart development
- Cumulative effects and follow-up in impact assessment
- Human rights and impact assessment
- Cancelled - Resilience Assessment in SEA: Addressing Complexity and Unpredictability (with reference to climate change)
- Quality assurance in EIA: Guide and review
- Cancelled - Communicating climate change factors in impact assessment: Effective engagement approaches and techniques
- Towards more sustainable oil and gas sector projects
- How to maximize the value and effect of SIA
- Cancelled - Using organized reasoning to improve environmental impact assessment
- Cancelled - Understanding impact assessment: Principles, methods, and emerging trends
- Multilevel approach for biodiversity-friendly infrastructure
- Labor rights in impact assessment
- Cancelled - Do the right thing. How to switch from compliance to efficiency: The ESIA tools of the future (IN FRENCH)
If the training course for which you have registered does not meet the minimum number by 15 February 2017, IAIA HQ will notify you and provide refund information or offer to transfer you to another course. Course registration after 15 February is possible but is subject to availability and receipt of payment. Registration closes 15 March 2017, and courses cannot be changed after that date.
If you must cancel, your course registration fee will be refunded minus a US$125 administration fee and contingent upon a written notice of cancellation received in HQ by 15 March 2017. After 15 March, no refunds will be issued for cancellations or no shows.