“Our Interconnected World: Impact Assessment, Health, and the Environment” will look at four trending topics in impact assessment with the underlying theme of the interconnectedness of all topics to human health and the wellbeing of the planet as a whole. A combination of live presentations, pre-recorded videos, and interactive discussions will provide new tools and best practices to guide attendees in this new era. Check out the tentative daily schedule for each pillar below, and register now!
VIRTUAL COFFEE BREAKS
Several special guests will host a series of coffee breaks throughout the virtual symposium. These calls are scheduled for 30 minutes each, and we encourage participants to bring their own favorite beverage, depending on the time of day. These virtual meet-ups are intended to provide informal and relaxed networking opportunities for all participants throughout the event. Links to join each meet-up will be shared directly with registrants.
- Monday, 5 October - 09:00 CDT (GMT-5) and 16:00 CDT(GMT-5): IAIA Executive Director David Bancroft
- Tuesday, 6 October - 10:00 CDT (GMT-5): Longtime IAIA member and disaster expert Charles Kelly on the recent IAIA COVID surveys and related results
- Wednesday, 7 October - 05:00 CDT (GMT-5): IAIA President Ben Cave
- Wednesday, 7 October - 11:00 CDT (GMT-5): IAIA Past-President Luis E. Montañez-Cartaxo
- Thursday, 8 October - 16:00 CDT (GMT-5): IAIA President-Elect Marla Orenstein on takeaways from this symposium
HOW WILL THIS WORK?
This virtual symposium will take place over four days (5-8 October), with each day featuring one live keynote (recorded for later viewing, as well) and 2-4 pre-recorded presentations. The keynotes will feature live Q&A and all recordings will have virtual discussion areas for interaction with the presenters and other participants. The recordings will stay posted for continued discussion through 22 October.
Registered participants will receive an email with detailed information on how to access the live presentations, pre-recorded videos, and discussion areas in the days leading up to the event.
IAIA extends sincere thanks to the following committee members for their generous in-kind contributions to this symposium:
Climate Change: Wes Fisher
Health: Filipe Silva and Yina Xiao
Resilience: Alan Bond, Jiri Dusik, Miltos Ladikas, and Mike Jones
Key issues IAIA20: Maria Partidario