For full course details, registration instructions, and more, download:
IAIA19 PRELIMINARY PROGRAM (see pages 10-15).
IAIA training courses will be held 27-28 April 2019 at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Center. Separate registration fees apply, and pre-registration is required.
Not able to attend IAIA19 but still want to take a course? Not a problem! A small additional registration fee will apply; see the PDF registration form for details.
Please register early! Courses will be cancelled if they do not reach the minimum number of paid participants by 1 March 2019. After 1 March, registrations will be accepted subject to availability and receipt of payment up until the 5 April 2019 final registration deadline. In consideration of the trainers and their need to prepare appropriate quantities of course materials, registrants may not change courses after 5 April 2019.
We are offering a variety or opportunities, such as registration bursaries and discounts, for young professionals and student participants of IAIA19. For details, please go to http://conferences.iaia.org/2019/students-and-young-professionals.php.
List of Courses
- Human Rights and Impact Assessment (27-28 April)
- More effective impact assessment: Tools for stronger argument and clearer writing (27-28 April)
- Cumulative Effects Assessment (27-28 April)
- Effective Implementation of Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs): How can we Improve? (27-28 April)
- Strategic Thinking SEA/IA for Sustainability (ST4S): Revolutionizing IA(27-28 April)
- Theory and Practice of Biodiversity-Friendly Infrastructure(27-28 April)
- Socio-Economic Survey and Database Management in the Social Impact Assessment of Vulnerable Community Displacement(27-28 April)
- Resettlement Planning and Impact Assessment (27-28 April)
- Leadership, Influencing, and Communication Skills for EIA Team Leaders (27-28 April)
- Ecological Solutions and Planning Options for Greening the Transport Infrastructure(27-28 April)
- Social Impact Assessment (SIA: Fit for the Future) (27-28 April)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Public Participation in Impact Assessment: Working to International Good Practice Standards, an International IAP2 Certificate Course(28 April)
If the training course for which you have registered does not meet the minimum number by 1 March 2019, IAIA HQ will notify you and provide refund information or offer to transfer you to another course. Course registration after 1 March is possible but is subject to availability and receipt of payment. Registration closes 5 April 2019, and courses cannot be changed after that date.
If you must cancel, your course registration fee will be refunded minus a US$125 administration fee and contingent upon a written notice of cancellation received to HQ (email@example.com) by 5 April 2019. After 5 April, no refunds will be issued for cancellations or no shows.
STUDENT TRAINING COURSE FEE WAIVERS
A limited number of free training course registrations are available to student participants of IAIA19 once courses reach their minimum paid enrollments. If you are interested, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- A 300-word statement of interest explaining how the chosen training course could contribute to your research or student career
- Proof of full time student status (proof can be provided in the following forms: a copy of a recent transcript or a letter from an administrative professional indicating your full time student status)
- First and second course choices