EXXONMOBIL PNG LIMITED CAPACITY BUILDING STIPEND (CBS) PROGRAM
Financial support for PNG nationals attending IAIA20 in Seville, Spain.
Application Deadline: 11 November 2019
To apply: Complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
The International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA) is pleased to offer this CBS program to aid Papua New Guinea nationals in attending IAIA20. Five applicants who meet all qualifications will receive a stipend to attend the conference.
This program is made possible by funding from IAIA20 Sponsor, ExxonMobil PNG Limited.
Who would qualify for the scholarship?
A successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-12 years professional experience in the fields of Biodiversity Conservation, Environmental Management, Impact Assessment, or a related field.
- Working in a leadership position in government, agency, university, consultancy, NGO, or related sector.
- Papua New Guinea (PNG) national.
- Has never attended an IAIA annual conference.
- Has a valid passport and is eligible to obtain the necessary visa(s) for travel to Spain in a timely manner.
- Has submitted an IAIA20 abstract for a paper presentation by no later than 31 October 2019. The guidelines, policies and instructions for submitting abstracts are provided on the IAIA20 website (https://conferences.iaia.org/2020/guidelines-and-policies-abstract.php).
Selection will consider compliance to all above mentioned criteria as well as abstract quality.
- Applicants must meet all the above-listed qualifications.
- Applicants must submit a complete application form and CV by 11 November 2019.
- Recipients will be expected to attend IAIA20 in its entirety, remaining in Seville, Spain, from approximately 23 May through 30 May 2020.
Each stipend includes:
- Conference registration fee.
- Conference banquet ticket.
- Training course (24 and/or 25 May)
- One-day technical visit.
- Accommodations (8 nights)
- Flights (Economy)
- Carbon Offset for flights
- Per diem
- Visa fee reimbursement
- Travel insurance reimbursement
- Complimentary three-year IAIA membership.
How to apply
Complete the form below no later than 11 November 2019. If you have any questions on the application or requirements, you can contact Kayla Deitch (email@example.com).
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO MAY QUALIFY.