PRE-CONFERENCE TRAINING COURSES
For full course details, registration instructions, and more, download the IAIA20 PRELIMINARY PROGRAM (see pages 10-18)
IAIA training courses will be held 24-25 May 2020 at the Fibes Conference & Exhibition Center. Separate registration fees apply, and pre-registration is required.
Not able to attend IAIA20 but still want to take a course? Not a problem! A small additional registration fee will apply; see the PDF registration form for details.
Please register early! Courses will be cancelled if they do not reach the minimum number of paid participants by 23 March 2020. If the training course for which you have registered is cancelled at that time, IAIA HQ will notify you and provide refund information or offer to transfer you to another course. After 23 March, course registration is still possible, but is subject to availability and receipt of payment up until the 5 May 2020 final registration deadline. In consideration of the trainers and their need to prepare appropriate quantities of course materials, registrants may not change courses after 5 May 2020.
We are offering a variety of financial aid opportunities, such as registration bursaries and discounts, for IAIA20. For details, please go to http://conferences.iaia.org/2020/financial-aid.php.
LIST OF COURSES
- Impact Assessment for World Heritage- 1 day (24 May)
- Cumulative Effects Assessment - 2 day (24-25 May)
- Smarter Monitoring and Auditing for More Effective Implementation - 2 day (24-25 May)
- SMARTER Communications and Engagement in Impact Assessment – working to international good practice standards, more efficient and effective approaches – 2 day (24-25 May)
- Strategic thinking for Sustainability (ST4S) for smartening SEA/IA - 2 day (24-25 May)
- Biodiversity Friendly Infrastructure: Key Concepts and Good Practices - 2 days (24-25 May; technical visit to Doñana National Park included on afternoon of day 1)
- More effective impact assessment: Tools for stronger argument and clearer writing - 2 day (24-25 May)
- Leadership, influencing and communication skills for EIA Project Managers - 2 day (24-25 May)
- Development by Design Options for Greening the Transportation Infrastructure - 2 day (24-25 May)
- Social Impact Assessment (SIA) - Fit for the Future - 2 day (24-25 May)
- Negotiating Sustainable Land Acquisition and Resettlement Agreements - 2 day (24-25 May)
- Resettlement Planning and Impact Assessment - 2 day (24-25 May)
- Toward More Sustainable Oil and Gas Projects- 2 day (24-25 May)
- Socio-environmental risks in infrastructure development - 2 day (24-25 May—In Spanish)
- Health in Environmental Impact Assessment- 1 day (25 May)
- Impact Assessment and Climate Change- 1 day (25 May)
If you must cancel, your course registration fee will be refunded minus a US$125 administration fee and contingent upon a written notice of cancellation received to HQ (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 May 2020. After 5 May, no refunds will be issued for cancellations or no shows.
STUDENT TRAINING COURSE FEE WAIVERS
A limited number of free training course registrations are available to student participants of IAIA20 once courses reach their minimum paid enrollments. If you are interested, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Your name
- A 300-word statement of interest explaining how the chosen training course could contribute to your research or student career
- Proof of full time student status (proof can be provided in the following forms: a copy of a recent transcript or a letter from an administrative professional indicating your full time student status)
- First and second course choices
Applications for free course registrations will only be accepted between 30 March to 15 April 2020. Allocations of the free training course slots will be made by 30 April 2020, based on the order in which the requests were received and subject to instructor approval.