OIL FOR DEVELOPMENT CAPACITY BUILDING STIPEND (CBS) PROGRAM
Financial support for impact assessment professionals that wish to attend IAIA20 in Sevilla, Spain
Application Deadline: 11 November 2019
To apply: Complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
The International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA) is pleased to offer this CBS program in partnership with the Norwegian Environmental Agency’s Oil for Development Programme, to aid individuals in attending IAIA20.
The primary objective of this program is to help reduce poverty in OfD countries by providing training and knowledge to impact assessment professionals that are working to sustainably manage their country’s petroleum resources. Twenty-five applicants who meet all qualifications will receive a stipend to attend the conference.
Who would qualify for the scholarship?
A successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-12 years professional experience in the fields of Oil and Gas and Impact Assessment, or a related field.
- Working in an impact assessment related profession in government, agency, university, consultancy, NGO, or related sector.
- Must reside in an Oil for Development partner country. The list of countries is available here: https://norad.no/en/front/thematic-areas/oil-for-development/where-we-are.
- Applicants must meet all the above-listed qualifications.
- Applicants must submit a complete application form and CV by 11 November 2019.
- Recipients must have a valid passport and must obtain their visa in a timely manner.
- Recipients will be expected to attend IAIA20 in its entirety, remaining in Sevilla, Spain, from approximately 23 – 29 May 2020.
Each stipend includes:
- Conference registration fee.
- Conference banquet ticket.
- Training course (24 and/or 25 May)
- Single accommodations (8 nights)
- Flights (Economy)
- Carbon Offset for flights
- Per diem
- Visa fee reimbursement
- Travel insurance reimbursement
- Complimentary three-year IAIA membership.
How to apply
Complete the form below no later than 11 November 2019. If you have any questions on the application or requirements, you can contact Kayla Deitch (email@example.com).