STUDENTS AND YOUNG PROFESSIONALS BURSARY PROGRAM
Financial support for attending IAIA20 in Seville, Spain.
Application Deadline: 6 January 2020
To apply: Complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
The International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA) is accepting applications for the IAIA20 Students and Young Professionals Bursary. Up to 25 bursaries will be given to students and young professionals in the form of waived registration fees. The recipients are expected to cover all other costs associated with attending the conference. It is IAIA’s hope that these bursaries will help more young professionals from lower income economies and students from around the world attend our premier annual event.
WHO WOULD QUALIFY FOR A BURSARY?
A successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Has never attended an IAIA annual conference before.
- Is 30 years of age or younger at the time of application (if applying as a young professional; not applicable for students).
- Is currently enrolled in an impact assessment or related undergraduate or graduate program, OR Is currently employed in the field of impact assessment, living and working in a country listed under the World Bank’s GNI categories of low-income economies, lower-middle-income economies, and upper-middle-income economies (list available at http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups).
- Is fluent in English.
Selection will consider compliance to all above mentioned criteria, as well as the additional requirements listed here.
- Applicants must meet all of the above-listed qualifications.
- Applicants must complete and submit an application by 6 January 2020.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted an abstract for presentation at IAIA20.
- The recipients must have valid passports and must obtain and pay for all necessary visas in a timely manner (if necessary).
- Each bursary includes one complimentary conference registration fee. The recipients are expected to pay all other costs associated with attending the conference.
- Upon acceptance, recipients must subscribe to the SYP (Students and Young Professionals) Section in IAIAConnect and the SYP LinkedIn Group to facilitate communication.
- The recipients are expected to attend IAIA20 in its entirety, remaining in Seville, Spain, from 26-29 May 2020.
- The recipients shall submit comments and evaluations of the value of his/her conference participation to IAIA, as requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the form below no later than 6 January 2020. If you have any questions on the application or requirements, you can contact Kayla Deitch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO MAY QUALIFY.