Why Would Students Want To Attend IAIA14?
This is the largest conference in the impact assessment field, attended by over 700 professionals from 80 different countries. IAIA14 is a unique chance to present your work and receive international feedback. The conference is your opportunity to network with other professionals and learn about current best practice principles, recent tools and techniques for impact assessment.
Conference theme Impact Assessment for Social and Economic Development:
Social and economic progress can lead to a better quality of life, but at what cost? Economic progress often generates environmental effects that, even though they are not immediately evident, may adversely impact biodiversity and natural resources. At the conference, experiences and ideas will be shared about how IA outcomes may include efficient and innovative ways to promote social and economic development to benefit quality of life, now and for future generations.
Conference topics include:
- Cultural heritage
- Indigenous peoples and IA
- SEA/EIA in Latin America
- Climate change
- Public participation
- Agriculture, forestry and fisheries
- Strategic environmental assessment
- ... and more
Student Opportunities (contact email@example.com for details):
- Student Fee Waiver Program: apply for FREE registration in exchange for providing in-kind service in Viña del Mar. Deadline: 15 December 2013
- Mentoring Program: first-time con ference attendees can expand their professional network by being paired with a mentor. Deadline: 15 February 2014
- Free Training Course Slots: a limi ted number of free training course registrations are available to stu- dent participants of IAIA14 once courses reach their minimum paid enrollments. Allocations of the free training course slots will be made by 14 March 2014, based on the order in which the requests were received and subject to instructor approval. Deadline: 7 March 2014
Check out the IAIA Students and Early Professionals groups on Facebook (www.facebook.com/groups/389986357725662/) and IAIAConnect (http://iaiaconnect. iaia.org/groups).
PLANNED IAIA14 SESSION
What are Impact Assessment students up to?
This session aims to provide an overview of recent and upcoming topics and innovations in impact assessment research. In addition, the panel will have an experienced academic to give specific feedback on the presentations.
See a list of other proposed sessions for IAIA14 at http://www.iaia.org/con-ferences/iaia14/documents/prelimi-nary_list_of_sessions_web.pdf.
- Speed mentoring: like "speed dating," as you will move from table to table to meet 12 IA experts in one hour.
- 30 Under 30 will recognize 30 of the brightest young professionals at IAIA14. Nomination form coming soon.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN VIÑA DEL MAR!