IAIA14 Training Courses – Detailed Descriptions
1. Cumulative Effects (in Spanish)
2. Cumulative Effects and Follow-Up in Impact Assessment
3. Environmental Impact Assessment for Project Environmental Management (in Spanish)
6. Integrated Environmental management; How to Make EA More Effective
7. Involuntary Resettlement
8. Quality Assurance in Environmental Impact Assessment: Guide and Review
9. SIA and Management: Principles and Practice (in Spanish)
10. Weaving Ecosystem Services into Impact Assessment: Towards Addressing the Social Implications of Environmental Impacts
* Please note that some courses have been cancelled which is why we are missing numbers in the sequence above.
About Training Courses
IAIA pre-conference training courses are presented primarily by IAIA members. The courses are open to all participants but require advance registration and payment.
IAIA14 pre-conference training courses will be held from 09:00 - 17:00 on Sunday, 6 April, and Monday, 7 April. The courses will be held at the congress center.
IAIA's 2-day courses cost US$395. One-day courses are US$225. This fee includes course materials, light lunches, and coff ee breaks. Participants in the training courses who are not registered for the IAIA conference will be assessed an additional US$75 fee. Course fees must be paid in full before you will be enrolled in the training course.
Please register early! Courses will be cancelled if they do not reach the minimum number of paid participants by 15 February 2014.
Minimum/maximum class sizes are noted. If the training course for which you have registered does not meet the minimum number by 15 February, IAIA HQ will notify you and provide refund information or off er to transfer you to another course. Course registration after 15 February is possible but is subject to availability, instructor consent, and receipt of payment.
If you must cancel, your course registration fee will be refunded minus a US$75 administration fee and contingent upon a written notice of cancellation received in HQ by 19 March 2014. After 19 March, no refunds will be issued.
Check-in for the training courses will be available at the IAIA registration desk in the the congress center at the following times.
- Saturday, 5 April 15:00-17:00
- Sunday, 6 April 07:30-10:00 and 14:00-17:00
- Monday, 7 April 07:30
Name tags will be distributed at check-in and are required for admission to courses. Check-in the day before your course begins is encouraged.
For more detailed descriptions of the courses, including outlines of activities, listings of course materials, and background information on instructors, see the IAIA Web site (www.iaia.org > IAIA14).
STUDENT TRAINING COURSE FEE WAIVERS
A limited number of free training course registrations are available to student participants of IAIA14 once courses reach their minimum paid enrollments. If you are interested, please send your name, a 300-word statement of interest explaining how the chosen training course could contribute to your research or student career, and fi rst and second course choices to (email@example.com) by 7 March. Allocations of the free training course slots will be made by 14 March 2014, based on the order in which the requests were received and subject to instructor approval.