IAIA Conference Inclusiveness Bursary Program
Financial support for attending IAIA23 in Kuching, Malaysia.
Application Deadline: 6 January 2023
To apply: Complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
The International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA) is committed to global leadership to advance best practice in all forms of impact assessment via our network of members and practitioners. We deeply value equitable and sustainable development and the right of citizens to have a voice in the decisions that affect them. For those reasons, IAIA created the Conference Inclusiveness Bursary. We are now accepting applications for a limited number of bursaries to be awarded to representatives that identify as indigenous persons, members of affected communities, and persons from under-represented populations or least developed countries (LDCs) to attend IAIA23. It is IAIA’s hope that these bursaries will help the marginalized, vulnerable, or disadvantaged to be able to build their knowledge and capacity to lead or participate in impact assessments by attending our annual conference. In addition, we hope their insights, knowledge, and experience will be shared with other delegates at the event and thus enrich the conference experience for all.
WHO WOULD QUALIFY FOR A BURSARY?
A successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Identify as an indigenous person, a member of an affected community, and/or a person from an under-represented population or a least developed country (LDC).
- Have a compelling case for how attendance at an IAIA conference would assist his/her community.
- Have contributed to his/her community in the past.
- Have a strong economic need for the bursary.
- Be fluent in English.
- If you are not sure if you qualify, we would encourage you to apply! In addition, feel free to contact email@example.com for more information.
- Hold a form of related education or community-related experience.
- Interaction or experience within the realm of impact assessment, such as comment or discussion on a past or existing project.
- While all global applications will be considered, preference may be given to local applicants in Borneo/Kuching/Malaysia and surrounding regions.
- Applicants must meet all the above-listed qualifications.
- Applicants must complete and submit an application by 6 January 2023.
- If not from Canada, recipients must have valid passports and must obtain and pay for all necessary visas in a timely manner (if necessary).
- Recipients must meet all requirements set by the Malaysian federal, provincial, and/or local government for entry (i.e. vaccination requirements, etc.).
- Recipients will purchase local travel insurance.
- Recipients will be expected to attend IAIA23 in its entirety, remaining in Kuching, Malaysia from approximately 8 - 11 May 2023.
- The recipients shall submit comments and evaluations of the value of his/her conference participation to IAIA, as requested.
Each bursary includes:
- Conference registration fee
- Conference banquet ticket
- Training course (6-7 May)
- Single accommodations (7 nights)
- Flights (economy)
- Carbon offsets
- Per diem
- Visa fee reimbursement
- Travel insurance reimbursement
- Complimentary three-year IAIA membership
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the form below no later than 6 January 2023.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO MAY QUALIFY.