For full course details and more, download the IAIA23 PRELIMINARY PROGRAM (see pages 11-17).
IAIA training courses will be held 6-7 May 2023 at the Borneo Convention Centre Kuching (BCCK). Separate registration fees apply, and pre-registration is required.
Not able to attend IAIA23 but still want to take a course? Not a problem! A small additional registration fee will apply; see the PDF registration form for details.
Please register early! Courses will be cancelled if they do not reach the minimum number of paid participants by 13 March 2023. After 13 March, registrations will be accepted subject to availability and receipt of payment up until the 12 April 2023 final registration deadline. In consideration of the trainers and their need to prepare appropriate quantities of course materials, registrants may not change courses after 12 April 2023.
We are offering a variety or opportunities, such as registration bursaries and discounts, for young professionals and student participants of IAIA23. For details, please go to https://conferences.iaia.org/2023/financial-aid-opportunities.php.
LIST OF TRAINING COURSES
- Leadership in EIA | 2 days (6-7 May)
- Toward more Sustainable Oil and Gas Sector Projects | 2 days (6-7 May) CANCELLED
- More Effective Impact Assessment: Tools for Stronger Argument and Clearer Writing | 2 days (6-7 May)
- Sustaining Resilience Through Effective Monitoring and Auditing of Project Implementation | 2 days (6-7 May) CANCELLED
- Theory and Practice of Biodiversity Friendly Infrastructure | 2 days (6-7 May)
- Cumulative Effects Assessment | 2 days (6-7 May)
- How to Seamlessly Connect EIA and EMS through Improving Communication, Interaction and Partnership | 2 days (6-7 May)
- Resettlement Planning and Impact Assessment: Achieving the Intended Outcomes | 2 days (6-7 May)
- Health in Environmental Impact Assessment | 2 days (6-7 May)
- Strategic Thinking for Sustainability (ST4S) in Mastering Good Resilience through Strategic Sustainability and Environmental Assessment | 2 days (6-7 May) CANCELLED
- Sustainable Finance and IA Systems: Synergies and Interlinkages | 2 days (6-7 May)
- Designing Environmental and Social Management Systems for Banks, Investment Funds, and Donor Agencies | 1 day (7 May) CANCELLED
If the training course for which you have registered does not meet the minimum number by 13 March 2023, IAIA HQ will notify you and provide refund information or offer to transfer you to another course. Course registration after 13 March is possible but is subject to availability and receipt of payment. Registration closes 12 April 2023, and courses cannot be changed after that date.
If you must cancel, your course registration fee will be refunded minus a US$125 administration fee and contingent upon a written notice of cancellation received to HQ (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 April 2023. After 12 April, no refunds will be issued for cancellations or no shows.
STUDENT TRAINING COURSE FEE WAIVERS
A limited number of free training course registrations are available to student participants of IAIA23 once courses reach their minimum paid enrollments. If you are interested, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Your name
- A 300-word statement of interest explaining how the chosen training course could contribute to your research or student career
- Proof of full-time student status (proof can be provided in the following forms: a copy of a recent transcript or a letter from an administrative professional indicating your full-time student status)
- First and second course choices
Applications for free course registrations will be accepted from 15 March to 30 March 2023. Allocations of the free training course slots will be made by 1 April 2023, based on the order in which the requests were received and subject to instructor approval.