ENERGY FOR DEVELOPMENT CAPACITY BUILDING STIPEND (CBS) PROGRAM
Financial support for impact assessment professionals who wish to attend IAIA23 in Kuching, Malaysia.
Application Deadline: 14 November 2022
To apply: Complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
The International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA) is pleased to offer this CBS program to aid individuals residing in Norad partner countries in attending IAIA23. Twenty-five applicants who meet all qualifications will receive a stipend to attend the conference.
Funds for this program were made possible by the Norwegian agency for development cooperation (Norad).
Who would qualify for the scholarship?
A successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- More than 2 years of professional experience with impact assessment in the fields of renewable energy, oil and gas, environmental management, or a related field.
- Working with impact assessment in a government, agency, energy industry, university, consultancy, or NGO.
- The CBS program welcomes applicants from individuals from OECD DAC listed countries, but preference will be given to qualified applicants from countries currently supported by Norad’s Knowledge Bank programs, such as Colombia, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Iraq, Kenya, Lebanon, Malawi, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Tanzania, Uganda. You will find the full list of OECD DAC countries posted at https://www.oecd.org/dac/financing-sustainable-development/development-finance-standards/DAC-List-of-ODA-Recipients-for-reporting-2022-23-flows.pdf.
- Applicants must meet all the above-listed qualifications.
- Applicants must submit a complete application form and CV by 14 November 2022.
- Recipients must have a valid passport and must obtain their visa in a timely manner.
- Recipients must meet all requirements set by the Malaysian federal, provincial, and/or local government for entry (i.e. vaccination requirements, etc.).
- Recipients must purchase local travel insurance.
- Recipients will be expected to attend IAIA23 in its entirety, remaining in Kuching, Malaysia from approximately 5 - 12 May 2023.
Each stipend includes:
- Conference registration fee
- Training course (6-7 May)
- Complimentary three-year IAIA membership
- Conference banquet ticket
- Single accommodations (7 nights)
- Flights (Economy)
- Carbon Offset for flights
- Per diem
- Visa fee reimbursement
- Travel insurance reimbursement
- NEW – Access to the 2023 Professional Development Program (PDP) Virtual Training Course, “Foundations of Impact Assessment” (https://www.iaia.org/professional-development-program.php)
- NEW – Select participants may have an opportunity to attend an upcoming 2023 Symposium (location is still to be determined). The intent of the bursary would be to cover majority of the travel and registration expenses to participate in the symposium.
How to apply
Complete the form below no later than 14 November 2022.