Rita R. Hamm IA Excellence Scholarship
Financial support for attending IAIA23 in Kuching, Malaysia.
Application Deadline: 5 December 2022
Note: IAIA23 abstracts must be submitted by 7 November 2022.
To apply: Complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
The International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA) is pleased to offer the Rita R. Hamm IA Excellence Scholarship in honor of the legacy that IAIA’s former CEO has left on the organization and the field of impact assessment. This scholarship allows one young practitioner in the region of the host country to attend the IAIA annual conference.
Funds for this scholarship were made possible by the generous donations of IAIA members, most notably Charlotte Bingham, who issued a grant-matching challenge. Additional contributions are welcome.
Who would qualify for the scholarship?
A successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Has never attended an IAIA annual conference.
- Lives in the region where the conference will be held (Kuching/Borneo/Malaysia).
- Holds an undergraduate or graduate degree in impact assessment or a related field.
- Is 35 years of age or younger at the time of application.
- Is fluent in English.
- Has submitted an IAIA23 abstract for a paper presentation by 7 November 2022.
Selection will consider compliance to all above mentioned criteria as well as abstract quality.
- Applicants must meet all the above-listed qualifications.
- Applicants must submit a complete application form and all required attachments by 5 December 2022.
- The recipient must have a valid passport and must obtain and pay for all necessary visas in a timely manner (if necessary).
- The recipient will be expected to attend IAIA23 in its entirety, remaining in Kuching, Malaysia from approximately 5 - 12 May 2023.
- The recipient shall submit comments and evaluations of the value of his/her conference participation to IAIA as requested.
The scholarship includes:
- Complimentary conference registration fee.
- Complimentary conference banquet ticket.
- Complimentary three-year IAIA membership.
- US$2,000 cash stipend to be used towards personal travel expenses, registration for other events (such as training courses and technical visits), etc. Note that the recipient will be responsible for making his/her own travel arrangements.
How to apply
Complete the form below no later than 5 December 2022.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO MAY QUALIFY.