VIRTUAL COMPONENT ADDED TO IAIA22
We know many of you are eager to reunite with your IAIA friends and colleagues (so are we!), and we hope a large number will be able to join us in person in Vancouver for IAIA22. However, we also know that the pace of COVID-19 vaccinations worldwide and the proliferation of more infectious variants will likely force many government and private sector travel restrictions to continue well into 2022. To address these potential travel and social equity concerns, and to continue to provide educational and networking opportunities to our members and impact assessment professionals around the world, the IAIA Board of Directors and staff have decided it is only prudent that IAIA22 have some virtual accessibility.
While we are still working out some of the specifics, we can provide the following details about the virtual option for IAIA22:
- We will utilize the same Pathable platform that was so successful for IAIA21.
- All conference attendees, both in person and virtual, will have access to the virtual components of IAIA22.
- The opening and closing plenaries and the theme forums will be livestreamed and uploaded to Pathable for on-demand viewing.
- Instead of holding several theme forums concurrently as is customary for IAIA annual conferences, all theme forums will be scheduled sequentially – one at a time – throughout the conference. Scheduling all live content in the same room helps keep costs down and also allows a wider audience to view the forums by adding the remote attendees.
- In-person and remote attendees will be able to chat and interact in real time during the livestreamed sessions through the mobile app or via the desktop Pathable platform.
- Outside of the livestreamed plenaries and theme forums, all in-person sessions at IAIA22 will be fully live, available to in-person attendees only.
- In addition to abstract submissions for live, in-person presentations, abstracts will also be accepted for pre-recorded presentations that will be uploaded to the Pathable platform. Therefore, abstracts will be submitted by the author as either:
- in person or
- The one-per-person rule for submission still applies. You can choose to submit your abstract to either the in-person option or the pre-recorded option, but not to both.
- The same abstract submission process will apply to posters – you can submit for either in person or for pre-recorded.
- Presenters will need to stay with their chosen presentation format (in-person vs. pre-recorded). Switching at a later date will not be possible. If you submit an abstract for a pre-recorded paper or poster to be included on the online platform, you may still register for and attend the live, in-person conference in Vancouver, but your presentation will remain in the online platform only.
- Abstracts for in-person presentations will be evaluated by session chairs in the traditional abstract review process.
- Abstracts for pre-recorded presentations will be submitted under a general topical category and will be reviewed by the Program Committee.
- Virtual presentations will be collected and uploaded to the Pathable Platform in advance of IAIA22.
- Several virtual networking opportunities will be offered throughout IAIA22 for virtual participants.
- Access to the livestreamed and pre-recorded presentations will be available to both in-person and remote attendees for a period of time after IAIA22 ends.